3.8 48
Tennessee 123444
April 6 - 10, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This place is hard to rate. I personally don't think it's a "far" drive from I24, but that's just me, maybe. It's on a lovely lake, most front sites have a clear view, but EVERY SINGLE PAD is unlevel, gravel, and you must back-in. Also, there is only one W/D (pay the hostess a couple bucks to do laundry), and the front shower/restroom is very old, although kept up as best as possible - very clean. There are no sewer connections, only a dump station and the park is as old as the camp (with only a swing and slide). Luckily, for my children, there is fishing and lots to explore, AND there is an awesome community center (where campers check in) that has FREE pool, foosball, air hockey and video games, a small library and two computers with internet. That's good, b/c there is no reception at the CG - even for most cell phones. There IS free laundry (thanks jsummers!) up at the inn (a couple blocks from the comm. ctr) and a person can even "check their kids in" (ages 5-13) and parents can leave them!! No kidding!!! I did laundry up the street and ran to the commissary, while the kids had fun. At the CG, there is also a "fish cleaning area" with cutting boards, water, and a drain, and there are boats for rent. There is no recycling at the CG, and the commissary has a limited organic selection. Now, I met the MWR Commander (he was at the comm. ctr one day) and he said they have the funding for a totally new CG; 30/50 Amp sites, some pull-throughs and some back ins, and some with sewer (I think the top level, away from the water further...has to do with some environmental thing). A new bath house/laundry area with 3+ W/D, and a new playground. I'm planning on coming thru next spring and check it out. (I hope they don't change the community center! : )
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts