Tennessee 123366
June 2011
(Updated: June 20, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We're a retired Air Force family. We just spent two fantastic weeks at this facility. The base is mostly contract with only 60 active duty personnel. But, they could still put some more effort into the FamCamp. They certainly spared no expense on the Base Club, I could have lived very comfortably in its toilets, they were that nice. They do now empty the trash about twice a week (thanks to a certain retired Marine). The camp check in is closed on Sundays and Mondays. What was the camp store has no plans of reopening. In the new shower block, one of the men's toilets sat broken for over a week. It was only the plastic flushing handle. I finally went to Wal-Mart, and bought a metal one for $2.50, and fixed it myself. Take note, Arnold Services, I know you monitor this site. Arnold AFB does not participate in the DOD ICE System (Interactive Customer Evaluation) So I could not let my opinion be known there. We had a great time tent camping. But a little effort and money, would make this one of the nicest facilities in the Military. FYI, if you need any help, see the unofficial camp hosts Brian and Sheryl (another former Marine). Thanks to all the retired Marine and Air Force personnel who made our vacation one of the best we've ever had.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or