Featured
Oregon 166250
August 28, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Definitely glad we stayed here! We camped with a 40' fifth-wheel. Location put us close to national and state parks in NW Oregon and SW Washington as well as a lot of other stuff to do in Seaside and Astoria. We were actually able to make reservations about two weeks before Labor Day weekend into the 'dry' sites for the holiday weekend then moved to a full-hookup site. The 8 dry sites w/30 amp are on grass. Showers/restrooms were clean. Firing range wasn't a problem. Training was sporadic during the two weeks, otherwise the base mostly deserted. Very quiet and peaceful, at least at this time of year. The bonus was the free laundry. Good machines and no wait. FYI, the sites are RIGHT off a road with a drop-off on the other side of the road. Larger rigs may have to do some extra maneuvering to get into spots and #8 (FHU) is positioned slightly behind the shower/bathroom building. We're new at backing up, so this was a little challenging! We would never try #8. #1 (FHU) is the site we had and there wasn't any satellite from our roof dish; we used our tailgater and no problem. And lastly, when I asked about wi-fi, I was given info for the wi-fi that's in a building down the street from the RV sites, but they also let me use computers in the classroom next to the check-in office. Everyone was very pleasant and accommodating. Lots of geese and elk viewing right around the sites.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or