4.2 90
Oklahoma 99664
June 2-4, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Okay, this is definitely an RV CAMPGROUND!!! All tent campers heed!!! The camp host was friendly enough, and upon first glance, the campground looked pretty good, but then, after I got set up, I started discovering the disturbing little nuances that ruined this experience for me. For one, what is NOT mentioned in any of these reviews (as far back as I cared to read), is that there is a train depot less than a mile away and it provides a night FILLED with clunking and clanging of box cars being hooked up, switched (screeching), or unloaded. I didn't sleep much either night I was there. Secondly, there is a beautiful BX/ Commisary facility there, but watch their hours very closely on the weekends. I got in at around 5 PM on Saturday and everything was closed or closing when I got there. Oh, and then there's getting there...which is not an easy task, either. You have to go clear across the base and watch your speed, because the Air Force Security bubbas most certainly are! Also, don't even think about going to Burger King for a quick meal unless you know their hours (11-4 on Sat./Sun.), otherwise, you're wasting a trip. You'd be better off going out the back gate and going down to exit 1C off I-240. Lastly, there is supposed to be a rule about dog-owners picking up their pup's poo...well, let's just say that following that rule must be optional, as dog poo can be found everywhere, as my 5-year old found out the hard way. Also, folks are supposed to have a fishing license AND a base permit to fish, but most everyone I saw had neither. Oh, and the fishermen? They fish wherever the heck they want to, so if your campsite is in the way...too bad, so sad. I came to this campground because of all the recommendations in this forum, but I guess I need to call ahead, as well, because unless your driving and RV, true campers are a dying, if not forgotten breed. On the plus side, there is a Shoppette right next door, and the bath houses are very clean. But, I don't approve of their policy of having the darn things locked with a combo lock. While I was there, a father who had taken his little girl fishing asked me for the combo because his little girl (about 4 or 5 years old) had to go. I felt down right foolish telling him he had to get permission from the camp host. Off base? Hey, great policy! But on a secure military installation? Waaaaaayyyyy overboard.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts