3.8 73
North Carolina 133355
May 17, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon with no reservations, and had no problem getting a site. As with many army installations, they offered Golden Age cardholder discounts, which made our overnighter a particularly good value. We chose a site down on the lake with partial hookups (w/e only). Lovely view out the side windows of our rig. The bad news was that the electric plugs for that site were not working. Marilyn, the CG manager, came down and tried to reset the breakers for that site, but to no avail. Looked like the breakers were totally corroded. Since we really liked the location, she offered us a 50 ft extension chord to plug into another, less desireable site. We took the offer, ran the cord and were set. While she was there, she and her assistant cleaned an incredible amount of non-burnable trash out the firepit. She is a good, customer relations manager. That said, I must note that the trails, lakeshore, etc., were terribly littered with unconscienable amounts of casually tossed trash (beer cans, potato chip bags, etc). This has as much to do with the cretins who threw the trash there, as with the management. But MWR at Ft Bragg really needs to get the CG cleaned up. AND THEY NEED TO PLACE MORE TRASH RECEPTACLES AROUND THE CG. It's kinda sad to see such a naturally beautiful place be allowed to become trashy. The full-hookup sites and bath house are on the top of a hill. No concrete pads, just fairly level dirt. The partial hookup sites are off the hilltop around the lake, and are generally not at all level. So expect to do some leveling if you take a partial hookup site. The bath house is a bit spartan, but is kept clean. For internet, we use a SPRINT PCS AIR CARD, and had good reception there. Overall, it was a good, if average camping experience. Again, kudos to Marilyn for being a good, customer-oriented manager, and I hope she'll light a fire under the MWR big-dogs to maybe get a work detail from the brig (or I guess the army calls it a stockade) to walk the trails and lakeshore to pick up all the trash.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or