4.0 188
New Mexico 152897
May 10, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It would be nice if this campground took reservations. We had no difficulty finding a site. We have stayed here in the past. As of April 2021, the Wyoming Gate is closed indefinitely. Could not find any additional information. We came in the Truman Gate. The Eubank gate is much closer to the campground but it is not suitable for a big rig to enter or exit through. Be prepared for high winds to come up at any time regardless of the weather forecast. Also, several of the roads near the campground have been blocked and turned into dead ends. Rigs now enter the campground from the end of the campground closest to the Eubank Gate which means the signs for the campground are not easily seen. Large Rigs should use the Truman Gate. Take I-25 Exit 222A East Gibson Blvd SE (From I-40 take I-25 South) In 2.8 miles turn right on Truman, Continue through Truman Gate, Continue Straight to T in road which is Randolph, Turn left on Randolph, Turn Left on Hardin, Hardin will become 20th St SE, Stay in left lane to go straight across Ave G at Stop Light (right two lanes will exit base through the Eubank Gate). Take First left into Campground. You will see the Storage Area first, then the newer area of the campground followed by the Campground Office in the older section of the Campground. There is a sign by the office but it is difficult to see when entering from the east end of the campground. Recommend Big Rigs park in the large gravel area in front of sites 80, 82 & 84 (see park map) and walk to office to register. Some of the older directions suggest turning onto Wyoming and then Right on Frost. We found the Right on Frost to be very difficult for a big rig without blocking other traffic lanes.
Kirtland AFB FamCamp
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts