Review Detail

4.1 96
April 7, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

April 7, 2009. Heading South on I-29 we called in just north of Omaha. Person on phone confirmed that camp was open. Water was being worked on but water hoses were available to get water. We found we had to drive about 15 miles from I-29 and pay for a toll bridge to cross into Bellevue. The park had nothing but electricity. No water to be found, no hydrants to get water from. Showers and bathrooms not functioning. Grounds in very poor state of repair. Buildings falling down and paint blistering on them. Not something that just happened during winter season, this park has gone down-hill for a long time. Docks and fishing areas are impossible and sinking into the lake. No host and no one available on site. What a sad reminder of times passed when this was the showplace of the Strategic Air Command. We were disgusted. Just an overnight stay on on our way in early morning. Yes, we had to pay for toll bridge again to travel the 15 miles to rejoin I-29. PS: I was stationed here for several years and that old rickety toll bridge has been charging a toll since 1963. Seems they'd have it paid for by now.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or