3.9 35
Montana 72133
August 24-28, 2012
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were on vacation in Yellowstone on our way to Seattle to board a ship for an Alaskan cruise when my husband fell ill with cellulitis in his right leg. We left Yellowstone and traveled to Bozeman, Mt to the nearest VA clinic. Medical personnel wasted no time and referred him for admittance to the civilian hospital there. He stayed one two nights and VA transported him to the VA hospital in Helena at Ft Henry Harrison. We were traveling with another couple who had military access so we drove our rigs to Helena and checked into the RV park on Ft Henry Harrison. What a pleasant surprise. The post has little activity going but it is lovely. The RV park is all asphalt and concrete with level sites and very clean. The only problem we had was that the site we were assigned had a problem with the electricity but the office didn't seem to know about it although another camper had tried the same site and reported the failure to the office. Other than that the only downside was no WiFi or cable. We have satellite so cable wasn't an issue but would be nice to have Wifi. It's only available at MWR. We were only a mile or so from the VA Hospital so visiting my husband was very convenient. We were very concerned that we would not be able to make our port of call in Seattle but the doctors assured us that they were going to have my husband well and ready to travel and we'd make our cruise and they did so we did. We missed our opportunity to visit Glacier National Park but hopefully another time. The VA there is awesome and so is the post and the RV park and the people at billeting and the gate guards are especially nice. You need to call ahead and let them know you're coming since they have to open a larger gate further down from the main gate since there are barriers erected that you can't drive a rig through. Best to arrive during working hours.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or