Mississippi 138044
January 12, 2012
(Updated: January 14, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Directions to this camp are good. They take you through a residential area with narrow paved streets. There is no guard gate to go through to get to this camp. It is just a street off a residential area with a sign. When we left Panama City base, I called. They told me to call back when we got within an hour of the base. So I did, but no one answered. I called every 15 minutes, but no one ever answered the phone and no answering machine. We arrived during office hours as posted on the door. But the door was locked and CLOSED was showing. We called the security office as phone number listed. The base security said they had nothing to do with the FAM CAMP. While we sat there wondering what to do, a man (later found out he was Joe) came out of his camper, got into his golf cart and drove down to meet us. He said he was out of the office because he was parking another camper. He said they were full but we could park in overflow at $10 a night. We said the book said overflow was $6 a night, he said the book was old. After taking our money and giving us a receipt he said he wrote the code to the bathroom/showers on the receipt. Neither code worked for us. He said the phones were out. He showed us where to park, which was on the grass right next to another RV. The electrical box had 2 places to plug in, and the water had 2 spigots. So we had water and electric and cable tv if we wanted it. No Wifi. Joe didn't seem all that friendly. When he left us he said that if we needed anything to call. How could we if the phones were out? We never saw him again. We will never stay at this FAM CAMP again. I didn't feel safe here. It doesn't seem like it is on a base at all. We only spent the one night.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or