4.1 20
Massachusetts 49388
May 15-17, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a brand new RV park and the nice folks who administer it from the Wings Inn are also new at RV park stuff, of course. I mention that because I have a few suggestions that should not be taken as criticisms. We loved the RV park. It is located on base, far from any noise or light. The spaces are gigantic pull throughs. They could easily be half the size and still be more than adequate. The area between each space is also unusually large. The base has a strange feel to it. It is the former Otis Air Force Base and currently Joint Base Cape Cod. It houses Coast Guard units, Air and Army National Guard, and has some sheriff's facilities. There is a well-stocked Coast Guard Exchange/mini-commissary, the first such I have ever seen anywhere. A decent movie theater which shows good movies for free, with a very inexpensive concession stand. The laundry facilities are inside the Wings Inn and consist of only two washers and two dryers. Wifi is available free, but only inside the Wings Inn. Lots of wildlife on the base. We saw tons of squirrels, rabbits, turkeys, and even a family of foxes. Now for the suggestions: The only trash dumpster we could find was located fairly far away. It should be a small matter to place a dumpster at the RV park. There is talk of expanding the park from the current five spaces to ten. They have room for at least 40 giant sized spaces and twice that number of normal sized spaces. I'm not suggesting 80 spaces, but 20 would seem reasonable and easily done. They have some crazy policy requiring all RVs to be issued oil drip pans. Yes, we were issued an oil drip pan for our travel trailer! The sewer connections stand about six inches above ground, so gravity flow is an issue. This is also an easy fix. The Coast Guard policy apparently does not allow for late check in of RVs. The Wings Inn staff departs at 8 PM and after that an RVer is out of luck, even with a reservation. They should change the policy to allow after hours check in. With only five spaces it would be impossible to not find your assigned space. Again, we loved the park and the personnel at Wings Inn were friendly and earnest. We would stay here again if in the area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 19, 2014
I forgot to add there are NO shower or toilet facilities at the RV park. Don Geidel
1 results - showing 1 - 1