Maryland 97499
Nov 2-7, 2014
(Updated: November 11, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

A very pleasant first-time experience in this campground. I absolutely will return. Having read previous posts I was pleasantly surprised to NOT find grumpy, unhelpful management. The staff that runs the facility could not be friendlier or more accommodating. My only dings on amenities/facilities, and thus the reason for four stars instead of five, are (1) No WiFi in the campground and (2) Office hours. It is hard to reconcile an "Outdoor Recreation Facility" that limits its hours to 0800-1600 Mon-Fri. My military experience was that most "outdoor recreation" was done after hours and weekends. One afternoon I returned to my campsite at 1630 to find somebody had made off with my power cord (connection to shore power). I had to wait until the next day to speak with someone in Outdoor Rec and get it back (a Good Sam though someone left the power cord behind and turned it into the office). Admittedly, a relatively minor point. The shower, restroom, and laundry facilities were spotless; although perhaps we can turn the temperature up a few degrees in those shower rooms (yes; shower ROOMS -- each shower is a self-contained key-pad accessible room with shower, toilet, sink, mirror, electric outlets . . . VERY convenient). The cumbersome Post access through the truck/delivery gate is due to the oversized nature of many RVs (can't fit through the normal Post gates). If traveling in a Class B (as I was), access through the normal gates is easy and painless. Just be sure to have your ID handy to present to security.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or