3.6 43
Maryland 218087
29 Aug-1 Sept 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Pros: Good location, Full hookup, Excellent Pool and Beach, Fishing Pier, great place for kids to be kids and ride their bikes around. Cons: No guidance on how to checkin after hours, No one answers the phone at the lodging office, a little trailer park like feel. Lesson Learned: After-hours check-in is handled by the Navy gate guard when you arrive. Would have been nice to know that before I came through the gate and drove to the Lodging office. (But I should have listen to the wife who told me to ask him about checkin. Another score for the wife :) When I finally did ask the gate guard he said I had site RVG010. He had nothing else to add I was a little confused as to where and what the meant. I was also a little annoyed that he didn't ask me if I was checking in and further tell me my site when I came through the gate initially. I thought my 37 ft RV and tow vehicle would have spoke for themselves. Anyway, figure out that RVG010 meant RV site in G loop site 10. So I found it empty and figured it had to me my spot. Or at least it was for the night. Background: I knew I was coming in after the lodging office closed. There was no instruction on their website, on the reservation, or on the flyer to address after-hours check-in. Attempted to call every number I found but never got an answer. Always got transferred to the 1800 Navy Bed. Sent an email to the address given but no response. Rest of our stay at site G10. Very Large campground. Was able to get a 40 FT full hook up about 30 days ago. Not bad for last-minute reservation over a holiday weekend. There is a mix of full-timers and recreation campers. But it wasn't too bad and didn't have too much of a trailer park look. Sites are pretty much all grass and gravel. Some more grass then gravel. All the services worked with out issue. There are nicer spots else where that seemed open but hard to coordinate your site ahead of time when you can't reach anyone. Amenities were real nice. Big Pool with plenty of room for everyone to enjoy. Didn't do any of the other things like miniature golf or sit on the beach but was still some nice amenities for the 41$ a night. Bathrooms were ok and seemed to have everything in working order Bottom line. Amenities mirrored facilities like a KOA with the sites being more aligned with a trailer park like feel. We will be back. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or