4.0 89
Georgia 150879
March 01, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground is a gem! Very quiet and rustic. Lots of Spanish Moss hanging from trees and beautiful 3 mile nature trail. There are a pair of nesting eagles on site and several large owls. The Lake is wonderful (hard to catch fish though) but great to sit on the docks and just have a cup of coffee. This is a nature lover's paradise! The community center is newly remodeled and beautiful. The manager is very pleasant and works hard to make guests feel welcome. Of course you always get a few who do nothing but complain around the campfire but really couldn't see what their problems were. Staff tried to be helpful and the place was very clean and well maintained. Manager obviously has the base engaged (new construction going on down in the main park while I was there). Will definitely be back next time through. Rumors about time limits are true and false. As long as campground is not at 100% capacity, manager works around your needs. As with most military campgrounds, if they fill up and have a waiting list, then he told me he will have to enforce the 60 day limit, but everyone I talked to said that hasn't been a problem in the last 2 seasons. Great place to stop over for a few days, few weeks, or few months. Better than being in the snow and ice!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or