Georgia 105558
14-17 June 2013
(Updated: June 18, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our first camping trip with the new pop-up trailer. We stayed in Area 6 and enjoyed a great view of the water and the shade of the tall pine trees. The trash can at our site (6F) was collected each morning throughout our stay and the area porta potti was immaculate enough that my wife was willing to use it, and she is a very harsh critic in that area. The $7 sites have power in the form of four 110V outlets protected with two 20A circuit breakers mounted on the telephone pole that the power comes to the site on. I was able to successfully run my A/C and fridge all weekend without issue, but was careful to turn off the A/C before running the coffee pot. The lodge and the permanent restroom/shower facilities were about a mile from Area 6, which is the farthest away from them. There is a small convenience store in the main lodge which has beer, ice, and a hotdog/sandwich window. There are two washers and dryers available and are 50 cents each. Kayaks, Canoes, John boats (no engine, just oars) are available for rent as are many camping items such as lanterns and sleep mats. They do have bikes for rent but they are stored outside and are in pretty rough shape unfortunately. We were a little disappointed that on such a great lake the MWR did not have any motor boats for rent like we have seen at many other facilities. There is a great covered slip marina associated with the camp ground as well though we did not use it on this trip, as experienced boaters we were impressed with the set up. Overall we had a very enjoyable time, even making a trip to the Evans Center Dog Park at the recommendation of a family from the local base who was out camping for the weekend, much to the delight of our dog. We will definitely be returning soon!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or