TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy

More
11 years 2 months ago #11157 by floridakamper
FYI, the copays for the TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy (TMOP) have changed as of Feb 1st. Case in point, one med my wife takes was a $9 Copay for a 90 supply, one year ago. Then it increased to $25 copay. I just reordered and it is now a $43 copay. Pretty big increase over the course of a year. I did some research and I found that if I get my wife's doc to fill out a Pre-authorization Form and also a Medical Necessity Form, the price MIGHT go down to the $25 level. I feel fortunate that we have this benefit, even with the higher copays but it troubles me that info to reduce the price of this drug, that is now classified as "non formulary" is not readily available on the TMOP website. My wife's doc did fill out the two forms to be ready for our next order. I called TMOP to see if they received them. They said they did and they were not approved. They said my wife's doc filled something out wrong. I asked if they told the doc what he did wrong and they said they faxed that info to him. I checked with the doc and he said he'd didn't get anything from them. He said he'll try to figure out what was done wrong and fax the forms again. Sorry for the long post. Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11159 by pricejh
Highly efficent systems. (He said with sarcasem.) B)

More
11 years 2 months ago #11160 by monkey44
We should all know by now that paperwork is much more important than health care. Paperwork has truly become a monster.

But, we're happy to have that benefit, even though it shrinks annually.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11169 by Suzq
I may never forget when they said you would get free medical for life....

That $43 seems awfully high to me. I get bi-monthly Lucentis eye injections which cost $2000 each, and would be blind without Tricare authorizing it.

I hate to begrudge these amounts, but one of the reasons they got my husband for the 20 years was free medical.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11171 by LamSan
Co-pays seem to climb every couple years and I expect it will continue. The paper created by TriCare and Medicare Part B is a joke and must cost an amount for our government that we would choke on. I would like to see our government do an overhaul of the administration of Medicare as there has got to be a better way than inundate all of us with reams of paper just for a visit to our MD.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11193 by pricejh
I am going on Medicare in a couple of months and am NOT looking forward to the experience.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds