3.6 89
California 169495
01 Sep 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My family and I have been camping here for years without any issues. That streak of great experiences ended recently when the manager of the campground kicked my family (wife and young children) and friends out due to a simple “parking issue”. All could’ve been avoided if proper communication was conducted and maybe some little respect/consideration from management, but that was unfortunately not the case. Not only were we rudely approached, but he belittled me as a service member by comparing my rank to his father (yup, not his rank BUT his father’s) stating I’m “only an E6 and should’ve known better” and his dad was a Chief. Lastly, he also made it known how we “bothered” his golf day so he stood there in front of us like a slave master and did not budge until we left while he was yelling and being rude in front of the children. What a way to treat your customers, Active Duty and young children. Very disappointed with how we have people like this man working in our facilities and treating people with disrespect. As much as we love supporting DoD facilities, we will never go back to this campground and I hope disciplinary actions are conducted towards this manager. I have his name, but decided to not post publicly out of the little respect I have left for him.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 46 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
February 17, 2020
We have camped at Monterey Pines for many years, always a VERY pleasant experience. Yes...they are strict about parking, there are ample places for guests to park and their parking rules are included in your registration packet. Most campgrounds that we have visited in our 10 years of full time RV-ing do not allow for more than one vehicle in addition to your Rig. Sorry you had a bad experience...but we LOVE Monterey Pines!
1 results - showing 1 - 1