4.5 201
Arizona 180951
Jan - Mar 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Since I have been at the D-M FamCamp I have seen some major changes that have improved the overall quality of mine and other camper’s enjoyment. It’s the little things in life that make the biggest difference and quality of life.  I have traveled to many FamCamps, State Parks, County Parks, ect., and believe that other places could do well by following this camp as an example.  So I would like to list the positive changes to this campground that stand out  and makes it second to none.  Eliminating winter/summer camp host: In the past there were winter camp hosts that created a very hostile environment to other campers and staff, they had access to personal information of campers that violated the Privacy Act that they shouldn't have been privilege to as civilian volunteers and not government employees.  They spread rumors and showed favoritism  towards their select group of cronies, all of which have written negative comments on this site because they no longer have control and are allowed to run the FamCamp as they see fit.  By eliminating hosts the DM FamCamp was able to create jobs for the Base Community, in turn supporting the military family members on the base, and hiring retirees, how can you go wrong by providing jobs to the military and taking care of our warriors and their family members. The past camp hosts and their cronies spread hate and gossip around the camp for too many years, recording private information i.e., license plates numbers, due out dates, etc., keep in mind these are civilians regardless of rank, although I would think they would be more mature?  I felt they were stalking certain campers, treating them as whiners and complainers, only because of what their cronies would tell them or from one encounter, this creates a hostile environment.  Good riddance to them and their cronies who got everything and anything they wanted.  Dry Camp: I like the changes on the rotation to dry camp it made it fair with a quicker turn around.  The overflow policies didn't change, they just eliminated harassment throughout the FamCamp by not posting names and site numbers.  So you can't move from overflow to a full hookup before 10:00am, and yes they do go out and check sites at 10:00am to ensure when they assign one to you the other camper is already vacated the site, again so the campers aren't harassed by those who think they run the FamCamp.  Water and soda machine at the bathrooms was a great idea, thanks for the additions.  I would prefer giving my change to MWR then the stores down town. Creating a paper weight for all the picnic tables so they could leave flyers and other information on the table without it blowing away was a great idea.  Having the local schools to participate by painting the rocks and adding their touch shows pride not only with the MWR staff but with the local community and campers.  I would also like to thank the Flight Chief and Recreation Manager for their support of the FamCamp manager, it made possible for her make these changes and stand by them.  And to all of you who believe the FamCamp manager does not have RV camping experience, then maybe you should actually try to have a conversation instead of causing problems and making up lies to suit yourselves.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 20

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts