Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7434

• dbert513
  • dbert513's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
We have a 2009 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel that is already prepped for washer/dryer in the front closet. We're considering getting a unit, but I wanted to check with you all first on recommendations of manufacturers, models, etc.. Any info anyone has would be great. I'm liking the idea of a vented unit, which means putting a hole in the side of our rig. Thoughts or suggestions anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7435

• Kokomo36
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Roger & Bonnie 2014 Phaeton 40QBH & Jeep Liberty
  • Thank you received: 31
We have a combo Splendide 2000 (2002 vintage). It does small loads; however, when we're hooked up, the water and electric is usually included. Washing takes about 50 minutes and drying at least 120 for a full (for the unit) load. We just throw in a load while we do other things. It beats sitting around the laundry room.

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7436

• cheldreth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
We are full-timers in our Bounder 35E and also have the Splendide. Anyone who has served in Europe will be familiar with this unit. It has been used extensively all over Europe in peoples' homes and apartments so the technology is not new.

I concur with what the previous poster has said. Periodically we will use the campground laundry to do something big like a comforter but for normal daily use for two people the Splendide does just fine.

Curt
Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7437

• dbert513
Thanks for the info guys. I've looked at the Splendide and found that Camping World has about the best price ($999). I'll do a bit more research and see if anyone else has any helpful words. Thanks again!

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7440

• Army Guy
  • "Small House, Big Yard"
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi there. We full time in our 06 Mobile Suites and we have a stackable from Kenmore. We love it. It allows us to wash and dry at the same time. Great for multiple loads of laundry. We also had a Majestic stackable in our older Montana in the front closet and it was great. We would not own a combo unit as it does limit what you can do. If you are limited in space, a combo is better than sitting around in a laundry room though. Just my opion.
Rick & Jana
Army Retired (2009) Fulltimers since 2006
2006 Mobile Suites RL3 (Our house on Wheels)
2014 Ram Big Horn 3500

Living the Dream

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 11 months ago #7441

• bill6750
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
We have the splendide in our HR Endeavor. We use it a lot while we travel. We live in the MH at least 8-9 mo. a year. I agree with the above post about it being a good product. B)
Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 10 months ago #7483

• dbert513
Thanks for all the great words. We ended up going with the Splendide 2100 and are very satisfied! It does shake the rig a bit with it's 1200RPM spin cycle, but well worth the shaking not to have to go to the laundromat. It took a buddy and I about 4 hours to install, but as we were pushing the unit into the very small closet, I discovered we COULD'VE taken the shelf above the unit out and had LOADS more room to maneuver and save about 90 minutes and a trip to Home Depot. Live and learn...

Re:Washer/Dryer Combo 10 years 10 months ago #7492

• Neil
  • Thank you received: 0
Yup, we too have a cameo 2009 full wall slide 5 th wheel and have the washer/dryer combo, and it's in the front closet.
WE LOVE IT.
Wife really likes the unit because she sets it to wash and dry and then the load is done.
No remembering to put the clothes in the dryer after the washing is done.
Took a bit for the dealer to install the unit because they had to drill through the double floor in the slide for a overflow drain tube. Have never had any leak problem with the unit, it's just a precaution. The vent out the side of the rig also is fine.
We added a two year warranty with our machine when we got it(because we heard some negative stuff about the units)
so if we need assistance we can have a mobile approved guy come to us since we are full time and camp hosts.
Have used the machine on a regular basis for the last
1&1/2 years with no problems.

Re: Washer/Dryer Combo 9 years 3 months ago #9390

• RVLifers
  • Thank you received: 0
While we realize the person who originally asked the question has already made their purchase, we wanted to add our dryer to the list of ones from which to choose. We recently had to replace our old Majestic, and we opted for the General Electric Spacemaker, which has a slightly larger drum, and several drying options. It's quiet, and works like a dream. We will still have to use campground facilities for our large items such as the quilt and mattress pad, but this GE is SO much nicer than our old Majestic.

We had to order the dryer from Home Depot. It can be ordered from Lowes or Sears too, but it was less expensive at Home Depot.

The Hammers

Re: Washer/Dryer Combo 8 years 1 month ago #11389

• SkyWatcher
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
My point on the Combo units are if it comes with the unit, use it but if you have to purchase it then my opinion is that it's a waste of money unless you or the wife have a favorite shirt they must have cleaned all the time, and also the capacity of clothes that can be washed at one time, well we have no problem going to the on post laundry and doing what clothes we need done just like at home, a few times we have had the priviledge to use the barracks laundry with no problem after checking with the 1 Sgt of course and not holding up a soldier use of it, where no problem arose to that point and it costed me nothing. But back to the combo units well there are also horror stories of units catching on fire from these units, so I would rather enjoy the road and not at my insurance agent filing a total loss claim because that is what will happen, because when a RV fire gets started it's done and the Fire Department personnel knows it as well.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds