• Page:

TOPIC:

Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #647

• monkey44
  • monkey44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 106
I'm getting ready to start a part-time version of Full-timing next year --will still have a stick house as my son is in a local college and wife is not retired yet -- so, wonder how you guys get your own local sports games when on the road -- I know that the cable stations can get all venues around the country for an extra fee ... but is anything like that available for the "traveling folks" ... M44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #670

• KenB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
monkey44: We are not fulltimeing it yet either, but when we do go out on the road we have a dish sattellite system. ( hope spelling doesn't count). Most RV'ers I seen have some type,- dish network,
direct tv, or other.

KenB

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #671

• monkey44
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
But, with a dish are you able to get any team, from anywhere?? For example, Can we watch Red Sox games in Florida or Kansas even when the Sox play at home???

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #676

• KenB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
monkey44: We live in New Hampshire and use Boston as our local chanels, so we get 4,5,7,25,38,66,9 out of Manchester. I've been told that it depends on your zip code what local means. Boston or Portland. It dose take some finesse to set the dishfor the locals, but you can get them any where you are at.

KenB

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #678

• monkey44
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Guess I'm not asking my question right...

What I'm asking:

When we travel, say we're camping in Kansas -- and we want to watch the Red Sox play. When I'm at home, I can buy an extended cable service that will allow me to watch any team anywhere in the USA. For example, I can tune in the Padres/Dodgers game even when I'm sitting in my living room. That is not a local game here, but you can buy a package ($165 for the season) that includes every home game for every team and watch any one you want "LIVE" ... But that's my cable -- so, I'm asking if that "extra package" is available on the dish set-up that the travelers carry with them and set-up in the CG's ...

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #683

• mkebikecop
  • Thank you received: 0
I watch the Milwaukee Brewers on MLB.TV.

That can be found at mlb.com. Several packages to watch your hometeam. The premium package streams the games onto your laptop at 700kbs for $119.95 per year, or 400kbs for 89.95.
"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #689

• monkey44
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So, rvtraveler ---

That's a live video stream on a laptop?? Is that correct ...

And can you get all games (any team) or do you pick one team or one area??

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #693

• KenB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Monkey: I believe the answer to your question is "yes". I'm not a sports fan but I believe the dish companies have the same type of programing package that your cable company has. You'd need to check dishnetwork.com or directtv.com to see which programing package is best for you.

KenB

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #696

• mkebikecop
  • Thank you received: 0
I only get the Brewers, but that is all I look for and yes on my laptop.

All details are at mlb.com
"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Re: Home team sports 14 years 1 month ago #832

• skyking8
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 24
monkey44> This thread is a month old, so you may have made a choice by now, but let me tell you one method to get-r-done. If you don't have it already, you need satellite capability in the rig. If you want signal to living room and bedroom TV you will need two receivers and a dish that can be connected to two cables (that's called dual LNB). I have DirectTV with that set up. The normal programming packages cost vary depending on how many channels you want. Approximately $35-45/month. Next you need to sign up for the DirectTV MLB programming. Cost is about $160/per season and you can get any game you wish. That might seem expensive, but consider that there are 160 games a year for only one team and that's a buck a game. Nothwithstanding the money, my wife is a huge Braves fan and I consider it an investment to keep harmony in the rig. Which is another reason I put in two receivers. His and hers :)

Getting local channels on satellite will cost extra. I just use the rigs TV antenna for that.

It happens occassionally that you will experience a black out of a game depending on where you are. We are now in Texas and sometimes can't get the Rangers or Astros due to a black out period. Not a big deal because they are both losers anyway. :)

Satellite is portable. Put in the house first, and then just take the receiver(s) out to the rig when you hit the road. You can have service in both the house and rig at the same time depending on how many receivers you get.

Good luck.

Rick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds