Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


Taking Shotguns and/or Rifles into Canada 10 years 5 months ago #7842

  • shsmith1946
  • shsmith1946's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Thank you received: 0
I requested current guidance on taking shotguns and/or rifles into Canada from the RCMP. Below is the answer I received.

If you are looking to bring non-restricted (regular hunting rifles and shotguns) firearms through Canada, you would need to complete the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form CAFC 909. For more then three (3) firearms, you will also need the continuation form CAFC 910.

Also, you will need to confirm with the Canada Border Services Agency that you can use this form to transport the non-restricted firearms through Canada. They can be reached at 1 506 636-5064 (eastern Canada) or 1 204 983-3500 (western Canada). You may also want to check with the United States (US) border services before exiting the US if there are any requirements to bring them back in to the US. You can also contact the Bureau or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms at 1 202 648-7090.

Non-Resident Firearm Declarations can be obtained in advance by contacting our office or from the Canada Border Services Agency at time of crossing. The form will have to be completed in triplicate and signed and dated in front of a Border Services Agency officer. The form CAFC 909 is also available on the website at www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca. It is a licence to possess firearms and registration certificate all in one. Public safety check is done on applicants. The Non-Resident Firearm Declaration is a $25 fee in Canadian funds.

Should you have any additional questions, please contact our office at 1 800 731-4000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds