Review Detail

4.2 74
May 30 - Jun 6, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great campground. Well laid out, and maintained neat and clean. The host, Tom, is very friendly and helpful. Some sites cannot get a satellite signal, but some do. Mine did (#7). The 30 amp electric is very weak, but adequate. Plans are in the mill to build a new campground adjacent to the present one with 50 amp and sewer, then to upgrade the present campground. I had no trouble navigating the dump station in my 38 foot Class A pulling a toad. My Verizon signal was weak and I usually went outside to make a call, but was able to get online nightly using the cell phone (no air card). We were there so we could explore Savannah, and it's 37 miles from the campground to the visitor's center. That's 74 miles roundtrip, and some days we drove more (like to the 8th AF Museum (a must see), Ft. Pulaski, and Tybee Island). I would recommend the campground on Hunter AAF, even tho now they have only water (but by next spring they should have full hookups, 50 amps, cable, even WiFi). Hunter would be much more convenient to downtown. But Ft. Stewart offers a lot of activities, and their campground is great if you just want to chill out, experience the Ft. Stewart amenities, and fish in the nice lake adjacent to the campground. I would definitely visit this campground again. $6.00 a night with Golden Age Passport is a bargain. Steve Turney -- PS - I recommend you get off I-95 at exit 90 even coming from the south, just like coming from the north.
ST
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or