3.9 104
Florida 212293
1 April 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Coon's Creek is just wonderful, and I agree with all other reviews written. A beautiful campground with lots of stuff to do, including doing nothing at all! Just plan for a long drive from the freeway all the way to the end of the base, and Dale Mabry is a tight squeeze in some areas. Once on base, watch out for some of the low hanging trees along the golf course too. Regarding reservations, there are 20 FHU sites that you can call 2 weeks in advance and get a reservation. But you can only stay 14 days. This is what I did, and we are active reservists, so I got on the top of the list. Regarding amenities, the 100 sites at the Annex (former mobile home park) are very spacious and literally overlook the golf course. However, it is a 1/2 mile drive to the marina area where the laundry and shower facilities are, so beware if you have loads to do! But, the laundry machines are all brand-new, high capacity washers and dryers. And the dryers are 25 cents for about 8 minutes, so you don't have to put in more quarters than needed. Dryers work fast, about 75 cents for a BIG load of towels. Sites were starting to empty out this week, everyone seems to be heading back north, so things are wide open now.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or