4.3 170
Florida 444214
Jan 28 - Mar 10, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Our 3rd winter here and we will return! As I did the ratings and came to the "Location" and "Value" areas I found myself wishing there was a 6 or 7 on this scale ;-) For the value alone this place is #1 of the 25 or so Military RV parks we've visited. That said, it does have a few shortcomings in the Facilities area. There are not enough washers & dryers, and the change machine is out of quarters more often than not. I would think these would be more profitable for MWR if they improved this. My wife tells me there aren't enough showers for the ladies. Also (nothing they can do about it) the Commissary and BX are very small. We love to dry camp and have no problems doing so at Sigsbee with one exception. Some folks can't seem to avoid running a generator all day long. Yes, most are the "quiet" Honda's, but some aren't, and "quiet" isn't "silent". If you're unlucky to get a spot with 2 or 3 neighbors who run theirs from 7am to 11pm you'll know what I'm saying. So, I volunteer to help anyone coming to Sigsbee with your dry-camping preparations. Look for my email address in my profile and email me. I also have an extensive section of our Blog devoted to dry camping, so check it out. ;-)
MM
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or