Florida 444048
December 31, 2011 - ???, 2012
(Updated: February 24, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Our 8th year coming here in the winter. Can't beat it if you don't mind doing the dry camp rotation shuffle (and we don't mind at all). Some additional information: 1. Most overflow sites on Sigsbee are larger than last year, I'd estimate 8 to 10 feet wider. No problem now with slides and awnings even when three multi-slide RVs park side by side. Less issue with generator fumes. More room for a "front yard". 2. At the time we checked in we learned they've eliminated the vehicle length designations on sites. This may become a problem, and may change, but for now "if it fits it can park there". For example, a 12 foot popup can park in a space that will accommodate a 40 foot bus. No idea what they'll do with the 40 foot bus that shows up next when the park's 99% full but I'm sure they'll think of something :-) 3. Firearms Policy: I called Pass and ID and was transferred to "Donald" who handles all firearms inquiries. He said the policy is: Personal firearms must be declared, then turned in at the armory to be stored. The maximum storage period is 2 weeks. Registration paperwork is required and a background check will be performed. Retrieving the firearms is often inconvenient and time consuming -- and he knows first hand because he was formerly the armorer. Based on this we decided to leave our weapons behind, stored in a relative's gun safe. Bottom line it's a wonderful place, but if you don't like dry camping don't come down and complain about the lack of hookups - it is what it is. If they put hookups in all the sites the next thing would be reservations and then it would be like MacDill where you have to reserve a site a year in advance. Happy Travels!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts