Florida 211897
June 26 and 27, 2011
(Updated: June 30, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arrived Main Gate Sunday evening. Sign posted directed buses and RV's to Right Lane (electrically lowered barrier). I immediately handed Airman ID cards for myself and wife. Was greeted with a 'How you doin', I guess retired officers are not addressed with a lot of ceremony! The second evening, returning from town, reentered the Main Gate and pulled behind a bus. Airman approached my vehicle and said I should get in the line with autos. I said sign directed RV's and buses to right lane. I advised my motorhome was an RV......he looked puzzled and directed me to another lane. He said "You can't go through there!" (that is, the lane I entered the night before). Now, a third Airman approached, handed him my ID cards. Wow! Came to attention, rendered a salute, and advised he would open the gate, and bid me a 'Good evening, Sir' Wow! The FAMCamp was fine, Bath, laundry room neat and clean. Nice 'Facility'....Tiki Bar on the Beach...But closed both days....in June? But, you gotta love mosquitoes! Go outdoors near the Beach at your own risk! I'm guessing it's great in Winter, if you've reserved a year in advance. Base is overall, beautiful and first class location.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or