4.3 170
Florida 444187
March 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I travel to Sigsbee frequently, and although I love this place I am disappointed in seeing the poor things happening there. Price went up and improvements went down. Sunset lounge manager ----- went from extremely charming to an arrogant butt. The greatest thing he put in the lounge was the Wednesday Karoake with "Key Time Karoake" and now he has decreased the hours, they only play from 7 to 9 pm, what is that all about? His male bartenders need to be replaced, on a very busy night I listen to the one named "-----" use the "F' Word constantly out loud when children were present and I watched many of the women there cringe. The park itself has improved on nothing. The WIFI is there, but extremely slow for the cost. A lot of people do not pick up after their animals and when I went to the Dog Park not only did a large dog pee on my leg but all the dogs slobber all over you and the owners do not watch their animals and few do not even pick up the dog waste. Of course you're in Key West and everything is beautiful but I heard nothing but people complaining. A new Host, don't know his name, a former ------ flys through the two camp areas on his Golf Cart and nothing is said to him. ----- of course is still charming but the new girl "-----" doesn't seem to know what she is doing. Navy Lodge personnel are great as well as ----- the new Manager. Navy police seem to continually harrass the campers and circle the RV roads way to often they need to stay on the main road around the park, especially at night. My opinion is the wonderful people there, on staff or volunteers, are being brow beat by the not so nice staff and volunteers. Cost of tent camping is same as dry camping for RV's...that does not seem fair. Dumpsters are old, dirty, smelly and many without lids. Some RV sites are allowed to look like Homeless Shanty Shacks with stacks and stacks of Junk outside when next door a half million dollar RV sites. From what I could see, the rules are not enforced at all, but many of the snow birds constantly complain about every little thing. Laundry Rooms and Bathrooms are not as clean as they use to be years ago. Change machines are always empty if your needing change to wash car or do laundry. Many of the snow birds there every year are very rude but the full timers who live there year round are great. BX and Commissary is fine except they have too many reserve officer spots. You have to cut your own grass, that sure does not seem right since they raised the price of camping. So there you are, yes I love the place, but here are just a few things that this park is ignoring. If you want to see the proper way to manage a Military RV Park check out Jacksonville, that guy has it all on the ball. (Ed note: names removed per request)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 7

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
(Updated: April 10, 2010) April 09, 2010
I had to go out and check the name on the gate to make sure the reviewer was talking about the same place that we've stayed in since Nov (first timers). Don't agree with almost anything said.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Readers might compare this review with the others. A telling indication is that the reviewer gives it 1 star for value! This is for $21/nite for full 50 amp hookups in Key West! Boyd's, the only other CG near Key West charges $100+ for packed sites. Mox nix to me.
1 results - showing 1 - 1