Florida 444029
5 January 2009 - 11 February 2009
(Updated: September 14, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We're still here and this is our second year. Not sure how anyone can have a complaint about this place. My only complaint is that it's been freezing cold here, but the folks didn't have anything to do with that. Local campgrounds here are over $100 a day during the winter months. Rotation is somewhat of a nuisance, but so what? Key West in the winter (and we're waterfront) for $12 is a real military benefit. After our third week, we finally got into hookups and the weather has taken a turn for the better. Have changed my ratings on the Cleanliness and Facilities, but still a great place. All the camp hosts, especially Loretta, are great and the office staff have been very cordial. Most of the RVers are super nice, but just like in the military, there's always those who think they were put on this earth to watch other people and complain. I will voice a complaint with the office in regards to the propane service. Seems they won't service propane bottles. They only want the big motorhomes, where the money is and they freely tell you that. Not a real problem to carry the bottles out the gate and it's actually cheaper, but my position is if you service anyone on a base, you service everyone. The other thing I might add is that 75% of the people here (to include us) have dogs and some of them bark. Quite times are from 11 AM to 7 AM, to include generators. Don't hear any dogs or generators after 11, but you can set your clock that the generators will start at 7 AM sharp, so if you are coming here for complete peace and quite, you might try somewhere else.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or