4.3 170
Florida 444232
19 Feb - 06 Mar 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

What a great first experience in Key West Florida! We stayed at Sigsbee RV park and enjoyed every minute. This was our first experience at dry camping for such a long period of time (the entire time we were there) but the bath house was clean & available, the dump site was really good, laundry facilities nice and price fair (biggest facility we've encountered!). It was VERY hot and humid when we first arrived, but we were able to cool off periodically due to the generous generator regs. Although some folks ran their gens all day everyday, it didn't seem too bad (we ran ours intermittently as needed). I know this has been a complaint from others, but we have seen worse in other areas! The staff and the hosts were great and the people sharing camping experiences were wonderful. Neither my husband nor I found any fault in the rotation system, and I personnally don't see a need for the reservations system here at Sigsbee. I find it very fortunate that Sigsbee and Trumbo allow SO MANY rigs in the two parks; that gives a lot of folks the opportunity to enjoy Key West! While in Key West we made an effort to see each of the bases: Boca Chica (beautiful marina & nice lounge), Truman Annex (nice beach and rec facility), Trumbo (more RV parking, swim park and nice lounge/dining facility in the Fly Navy Bldg) and of course, Sigsbee. We enjoyed the Sunset Lounge and watched some beautiful sunsets from there. The 4 rating on facilities and amenities came only because the marina was not opened yet. The RV park manager told us that the marina was to open in a few months. We are looking forward to that next year! The walk into Key West from Trumbo was a very easy and enjoyable one. We would leave our car right outside the Trumbo gate and then go into town; that's definitely a plus. A word about the chickens: When we arrived there was a "disagreement" going in the park about the roosters crowing. I had to laugh as some of the parks we've been to have jets flying overhead, shaking the rvs at 0700! What's a little rooster? I believe this is a base-wide issue, not an RV park issue. The community of Key West is finally recognizing the health issues and seem to be heading toward removal of the birds (I don't really know), but to have an ongoing "war" in the RV park seems ridiculous! My last comment is that I would like to give a big thanks to all on this website who took the time to answer my questions and calm my nerves regarding our trip to Key West. The forum is a great place to get info!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or