4.5 156
Colorado 174430
OCT 22 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I live in base housing at the USAF Academy & so I haven't stayed in the FamCamp BUT have dropped by a few times. It is one of the best I have ever seen PERIOD. RVs and Campers MUST use South Gate (exit 150) off I-25 because the bridge at the North Gate cannot handle the weight (the gate guard WILL turn you around at the North Gate. South Gate is open 24/7. The North Gate closes at 10pm. On game days the gate guards are in the shack and there is no ID checks as tons of people are coming to the stadium. In the directions getting to the camp it describes crossing railroad tracks. Well, you do . . . kinda! They are below you and go under a bridge so you don't ACTUALLY cross over them (tires on rails). The rest of the directions are good. Basically go thru South Gate and follow that road past the stadium and watch for the sign on the right to turn right into the camp. Again, this is one of the BEST FamCamps I have ever been around. Tons to do in the area as has been mentioned. Other sites within 90 minutes are Royal Gorge, Denver, Broncos, cog rail up the mountain, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs, Tanger Outlet, Old Colorado City, major league sports teams within 90 minutes are Rockies Baseball, Rapids Soccer, Broncos Football, Nuggets Basketball. Heed the warning about graduation time & home games; the camp is PACKED!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or