4.5 156
Colorado 174267
May 4 - 6, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

D.G. left this review using the Directory software: - This is the first time we've stayed at a FamCamp and based on our experience here, we will check out FamCamps first for future trips and we will definitely stay here any time we are traveling in the area again. It was convenient for visiting Garden of the Gods, the Cog Railroad, and the Academy Chapel. Since I'm a light sleeper, I was a little concerned about the close proximity of the railroad tracks, especially after reading a few of the reviews. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the it was no problem at all, even though we had a campsite about as close as you could get to the railroad track end of the campground. It might be a problem, if you were sleeping in a tent or a pop-up, but not in an RV. The people who checked us in were very helpful and pleasant. The facilities were clean and well maintained. Our campsite was level and well shaded. We were able to get both TV and internet access. This was an excellent introduction to FamCamps. Thanks to this U.S. Military Campgrounds Directory, which we decided to purchase, we'll be prepared for future trips. It's well worth the price to keep up-to-date on nationwide FamCamps.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or