3.8 89
California 164100
25 July 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Sorry to be so contrary to my contrary comrades, but this is our fourth trip in two years and OUR FAVORITE of the many RV military parks, especially the beach sites, especially the many with haughty tenured civilian management. If quiet and casual framed by the best ocean setting of the lot isn't high on your list, a fancier place might be best for you. But with an endless show of Dolphins, Sea Lions, Pelicans, Sea Gulls, and Sand Pipers in the inlet sanctuary and along a private half-mile beach with sheltered surf, we've scheduled another visit next month. Management, by the way, is refreshingly non-intrusive, mostly hang around the neat motel office with information and basic supplies at the ready. A couple of on-site RV monitors take care of the RVers and use laissez faire management. Helps make this the most open and relational campground we know. Reservations is cool, too. No pay in advance means there are more cancellations and no-shows and NO empty "paid for" sites. Get on the wait list and they'll call you or just drop in: probably will get a spot, especially when school's not out. There are a bunch of good locations with ocean view for MH's. Fivers have less options four good sites, six pretty fair ones in terms of view. No site number reservations, however. First come, first served...keep ears open for departures from favored sites and arrange with management to move. Email me if you want clues; I've got the chart. First time to check out what a great area this is. 30 scenic minutes south to Santa Monica beaches, half hour to the wonderful Channel Islands National Park and the tourist shops and restaurants. About the same to Old Ventura. Lots to do.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts