4.3 73
California 214003
Nov 1 - Nov 12 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First of all............Fiddler's Cove is now closed for renovation. The closure was originally scheduled for 1 November but was extended to the 13th. The renovation will be extensive and the beautiful location warrants the upgrades to accomodate the larger rigs that make up a majority of newer RVs. The electrical service will be upgraded (sorely needed during the summer months) and sewer hookup are being added to all of the sites. For all intents and purposes, all of the new sites will be improved hard stand sites when they eventually reopen. We stayed in the "Dry Camp" area for our visit and, for the most part, had a very enjoyable stay. The unimproved sites are much larger and all have a fire pit and ocean frontage. Some of the staff and management were helpful and friendly but many were not. The day before our departure, I received a very curt voicemail on my cell phone informing me that if I didn't vacate tomorrow as scheduled they would would tow me. I called them back and assured them that I was leaving but I really didn't understand the point or the harsh tone of the call. At any rate, Fiddler's Cove is a jewel here in San Diego. I can't wait to see the renovated version next year.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or