3.6 126
Wyoming 107212
July 20-21, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife & I sold our house 25 miles NW of Cheyenne, and made a reservation 30 days in advance. I was told due to "Frontier Days" in Cheyenne, we could only be placed in the dry-camp area (although, a couple of full hook-up sites were vacated before and after our stay). I strongly believe that there is a preference in place for both active duty and retired (from FE Warren AFB) in place ... I am retired from 28 years active duty in the US Marines (CWO4), which just did not matter to the FamCamp staff. The actual RV park was not too bad, especially since it is located next to Crow Creek with mature trees and a lot of vegetation. There was wind & thunderstorms during our stay, but that is typical for the area (understandable). Quite hours (no generators) are from 10 pm to 8 am, although trains run past about 6 am right next to the FamCamp, and morning colors sound at 730 am. If a person wants coffee and is dry-camping, be sure to cook it on a propane stove. I will only recommend this FamCamp to those who are active duty aboard FE Warren, or for those retired from FE Warren AFB.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or