4.8 105
Washington 123506
October 28 - November 24, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I really don't know where to start. We arrived after 6 days of hard driving from NC and were welcomed with open arms. We had stayed here in 2009 in the "old" park after traveling in Alberta and British Columbia for several weeks. Even back then it was a wonderful respite from our journey. Ken, the camp host, is still here after 13 years and a COMPLETE camp renovation. The facilities are without equal as are the beautiful gardens and plantings that Ken has created. He never seems to stop working to make the park more beautiful. He was in the process of digging up 2,000 dahlias to be transplanted next spring. I cannot make enough positive comments about the staff. They are on from 10:00AM to 6:00PM every day except holidays. We had some medical emergencies, me with a lacerated cornea and my wife with shingles. They directed us to the ER in Coupeville where the care was outstanding; never waited more than 5-10 minutes (I never even got to sit down). My wife's bout with shingles necessitated that we extend out stay a few days at a time. The staff could not have been more accomadating. They worked with us even though Thanksgiving was on the way with many visitors arriving. We have stayed at many military RV facilities, and I have never stayed at a better one. If there is a better military RV facility, I have not found it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or