4.8 105
Washington 123370
Jul 21 - Aug 8, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We had an enjoyable 2 ½ week stay at Cliffside RV Park. We originally had a reservation for 2 weeks but were able to get a 4 day extension. The Navy Region Northwest did a great job with the design and building of the Park. Like most new things, some things work well, some not so well, and other things were excluded knowingly or unknowingly. The RV sites are large concrete pads equipped with water, electric and sewer hook-ups, charcoal/wood burning BBQ grill, and a picnic table. The pads are slightly sloped to the side (probably for water run-off), but the slope does not create a problem with leveling an RV. The white utilities posts are attractive and functional. I hope the posts keep that good appearance in years to come after being exposed to time, weather and careless RVer’s. There are a few “pull in” sites facing the waterfront. Those sites are great for guests that have motorhomes. The motorhome will be facing the gorgeous waterfront and the hook ups are on the left side leaving plenty of room on the pad for other activities. There are also rentable Yurts for those guests that do not have an RV or do not want to tent camp. The Yurts have sleeping accommodations plus table and chairs. The Yurts are wisely located close to the restrooms and covered pavilions. The Yurts appear to have been occupied every night during our stay and the occupants seem to be having a great time. There is also a well-planned large tent camping area on a flat and grassy area. The only drawback about the tent area I noticed was it seems to be a long walk to the restrooms. The tent area has plenty of parking room, fire pits, and tables. We did not use the Park’s restrooms or shower so I offer no comments. We did attempt to use the washer/dryer facility but each time I struggled up to the laundry room, I found the washing machines in use. I also asked about a “book exchange” but was told that there was none. It surprised me that there was not an exchange, especially at a military beach location that encourages outdoors rest and relaxation. There are many military and civilian RV Parks that have the book exchanges as a customer convenience at no cost to the guess. The Park also fails my expectations for children activities. Yes, there is a wonderful beach and walking trail. In short, I witnessed families in the Park with young children that could have benefited from playgrounds. Ideally, it would be nice to have one playground with equipment designed for the toddler age group and another playground for the older children. Families come to the RV Park to relax and have fun. It is not much fun when you have to drive your young ones to a playground so they can burn off some of that energy. It is amazing to see how many RVer’s bring their dogs with them. It would be nice to have an off-leash dog park at Cliffside. There appears to be a lot of vacant property adjacent to the Park and away from the RV sites that would be ideal for two dog parks – one for small dogs and another for the larger breeds. There are two Campground Hosts residing in the Park – one resides in the North Loop and the other in the South Loop. These guys are probably the best volunteer hosts I have ever encountered. They appear to be dedicated to making Cliffside a premier military RV park and ensuring that the guests have a memorable experience. It is quite obvious that they enjoy what they are doing. They are extremely helpful, and can always be seen interacting with the guests or doing a variety of things throughout the day. Finally, I will not attempt to describe all the great “day trips” to local sites on and around Whidbey Island. We had many enjoyable days trips, as well as, do nothing days during our stay. We will return.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or