4.7 95
Virginia 292338
09-12 November 2012
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The only criticism I can come up with was the lack of cable TV (oh darn), but the over air reception of about 20 local channels was good. Tough to get reservations in the dead of summer, but easy in the so-called Virginia Beach "shoulder" seasons (late September through mid November and mid March through May). The main thing I love about this campground is that it is REALLY quiet (all you can hear is the surf pounding and I was awakened Monday morning by a company of Marines running and calling cadence...brought back memories and was fun to watch). Plus the accessibility of big box stores and a TON of restaurants (some are quite good) only about 5 minutes away on General Boothe Boulevard made this a really sweet place. Yes, the beach is a hike (or a short drive - always plenty of parking) but the beach itself is superb...no fighting for square footage as is the case on the main Virginia Beach oceanfront. We've been there a few times (we don't live but an hour and a half away) with the same experience. Every site we've been on is about as level as you can get. Most on-base amenities are available or are a very short drive to the Master Jet Base at Oceana (commissary, large exchange, two excellent golf courses, even a skeet/trap shooting center). Staff is very friendly and helpful with directions and advice, etc. Highly recommended.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or