4.0 52
Virginia 128514
July 30, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I am happy most campers are pleased with this campground. We, however, had a horrible experience. Initially, no camp host was to be found. When the man arrived, he never took the ear plugs out to be able to hear us. Finally Peggy arrived. Our reservation, which was made at least 6 weeks in advance, had been misplaced. She said we never made one with her. It was to have been for 2 nights for a 40 foot motorhome. Instead Peggy told us we could only have a 1 night stay. We insisted that we had a 2 night reservation. She FINALLY found the reservation under extremely messy piles of papers and saw that it was for 2 nights and for a 40 foot motorhome. When I pointed that out, she snidely said, "We'll see about that." They put us in a site for 34 foot MAX units. The front of our motorhome extended into the street. Other campers complained and so did we. We were told that was all they had and that if we didn't like it, we could leave. We immediately asked for our 2 night check back and only stayed one night. If I could have given our Overall Experience and the Hospitality in this review a ZERO, I certainly would have. My wife and I never plan to return. This place should NOT allow elderly, grouchy camp hosts to take reservations without computer assistance, nor allow those camp hosts to play favorites with LONG time campers in a campground that supposedly only allows 30 day stays.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 25, 2009
As a camp host, I always take it personal when I hear of a fellow host that does not give the best of service to our customers! While it does sound like your experience was the exception to the rule for Little Creek, based on the previous comments, it was still an unacceptable situation that should not have occurred. Your comment indicates you were there on July 30th, a Thursday. Hopefully, you did you take the time to contact Outdoor Recreation/MWR on Friday prior to departing the base, or did you use the Interactive Customer Evaluation (www.ice.disa.mil) to rate/comment on your experience at the FamCamp? ICE allows you (the customer) to rate any product or service provided by any DoD facility worldwide.

Hopefully, all future FamCamp experiences will be positive!

John
1 results - showing 1 - 1