3.4 45
Virginia 63870
Nov 2 & 3, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground could be really great. There are too many spaces so they are very close together. As stated before, hookups are a little strange. I was in space 20 and I had the choice of a sewer hookup by my neighbors front door or one behind me about 40 feet away. The electric and water were on the wrong side, but then I discovered a small electric hookup behind me, but that was only 30 amp. Only some sites had picnic tables. The place was more like a hunter's campground while I was here. I gave a 3 rating for cleanliness/hospitality because, although the office staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the camp host was two spaces from me and never came over to see if I needed anything or have any questions. RV center was very clean and all washer/dryers appeared to be in good condition. BX was closed both days so can't comment on that. Verizon cell and wireless broadband worked very well as did Dish Network. The base is large and reminds me of a state/national park more than a military base. Saw very few military personnel when I rode to BX. Looked like a lot of empty barracks. I think this is a good overnite stop, but not a destination.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or