4.2 55
Texas 64928
March 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

G.T. left this review: On arrival we found the MAIN GATE CLOSED with no turnaround to be had on the 2 lane road. So we started our stay with an unhooking the toad and back/fill exercise. We found this was done for construction starting mid-Feb BUT neither of us saw any signs of this on 90 coming in from the east (a banner indicating closed across the exit sign comes to mind as something useful). So we could have missed something, BUT I had called outdoor rec to check site availability a couple of hours out and were told sure --- come ahead, with nothing said about the gate. Its supposed to be closed til mid April but you know how that goes - call first and ask specifically about the gate. In the meantime take 79 south to the first exit and head to the West Gate. Ok entering, concrete barriers in the exit lane are a bit tight for big rigs but doable. The individual I spoke to on the phone at outdoor rec wasn't there when we registered but I spoke to the manager. Unfortunately, I got the impression he didn't think my issue was of much significance. ICE time. Otherwise the FAMCAMP itself is as described previously - nice level concrete pads. Basic hookups. No amenities such as wifi or laundry. Limited dining and shopping options. Nice large fitness facility and library tho.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or