4.4 133
Texas 141530
December 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here two weeks in our class C early December 2014. It is a very nice park, has very nice laundry, shower and day room facilities. The sites are nice and level even though the whole park slopes. We were on an east site on the east side and while we could clearly see the interstate the noise was not bad at all. Fort Bliss has the best shopping mall I've ever seen on any military installation! It is abundantly obvious they strive to keep personnel on base (or Post, sorry Army!) and not out wandering El Paso by offering everything one could want right there! Nice food court, vendors in mall, a great thrift shop in old commissary and excellent museums, too. I highly recommend the Border Patrol museum just north west of the base and the little natural history museum next door. The approach is a bit tight along the side by the high school and don't try it at noon or 3:00 when students are heading out, they mob the shoppette! Even though it is off-base we had no security issues at all. Only negative is people didn't clean up after their dogs in the dog park. Did we not all get the same personal responsibility training in service? If you can't clean up after your dog don't have one. There is a big Walmart a couple blocks away, but really the base shopping is better. Check out the El Paso Saddleblanket store for souvenirs! If we ever go back will definitely stay there again. Very weak wifi, but I carry a hotspot and got great signal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or