4.0 28
Texas 73889
31 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

No reviews for Ft. Hood in 2013? Hard to believe. We arr'd on NY's eve to take our TT out of storage, shakedown for a few days and then head out. The folks in the office were so friendly & kind. Good to be back in Texas !! We were disappointed to find the Short-term (traveling RV'ers) paved, pull-thru sites were all full. After taking the TT out of storage I did not want to drive 25m to Ft. Hood's BLORA. Rhonda told me that they had several "PCS-ers, long-term" back-in sites avail, so I went & looked. They are mostly so packed in tight and on opposite sides of narrow aisles. I was pleased to find there were 2 openings on the front row (spots 1-15). Huge road, no across the street RV's and much wider spots. We're close to the spotlessly clean laundry/club/bathhouse too. For a few days it will be just fine. So now we know some back-ins are suitable for us. Big news, Ft.Hood (West) has internet now. Ft. Hood Travel is on the air, and it's working fine. Don't know how long it's been "up", since you other members haven't been reviewing Ft. Hood during 2013. (hint, hint-pls submit reviews. It really helps) The free ice machine that we grew to love so was gone last visit, but it is back. It's inside the lounge now, doubtless to prevent unauthorized users getting all their ice. Anyway-free ice after storage here is a real treat for us. Free Wi-Fi & free ice!! I'm a happy customer. Oh yeah, Larry - back-in sites are $12.50 now, not $10.50.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or