Texas 99140
30 Sep 2011
(Updated: October 02, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is just an outstanding campground! Signage is great but it would be difficult to see at night as its awfully dark. Even though they don't take reservations, I called the morning we were coming and the man on the phone told me he'd place a cone in the campsite for us. Sure enough, we got here and we got the last full hook up site. He even told us someone else came before us and he told him the site was taken. We really appreciated that! Everyone at the camp store was so friendly and accommodating. The price of $10 with access pass is just GREAT and about as low as we ever pay as fulltimers. The campsites were far enough apart to suit us and the pine tree setting is just beautiful. We have a 39 foot unit and didn't have too much problem backing into our site but you do have to have long hoses for sewage and water (which we do). We managed to get at least 10 stations on our TV with just the antenna. Verizon wireless worked beautifully here. Yes, getting the MWR badge was a new experience for us, but it was quick and painless and the people were friendly and professional. Nobody told us there were any binocular exclusions so I don't know what that's all about. The gate guards were really great too. Two weeks is the limit to stay here and we're paying day by day as we are waiting for an appointment to get warranty repairs done in Houston on our 5th wheel. We will certainly be back here again. It is really beautiful and the smell of the pines is so relaxing. The free movies and popcorn are on Saturday night and they're new movies, outside, shown on a big screen. OH and we had 50 amp on our site so I don't know about the comment made in 2007.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or