Review Detail

4.0 31
Nov 18 - Dec 3, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a nice little campground. If you like watching deer, this is the place to be. At any time of day, you will see them in the campground. The campground itself is very nice. Level concrete pads for your RV, full hookups. The areas between the sites are somewhat grassy. It did rain while I was there, and this all turns to mud. Each site has a large security light. If I did not have foam in my skylight, it would have been very bright in my bedroom. There is also a big fire ring and a picnic table at each site. The staff was very nice. Laundry facility was old, could use a little cleaning, but not that bad overall. There are two washers and two dryers. $1 each. One of the washers was out of order all the time I was there. Talking to staff, it has been reported but problems getting service under warranty. The rates listed are not truly accurate. It is $15 per night and $300 per month, but there is no weekly rate. Also, they fail to tell you that you can only stay 30 days then you must leave for 2 days before coming back in. Staff said most just go across the road to the Fort Sam Houston Campground. Overall, a nice place and if you don't mind the move every 30 days, a nice place to stay for an extended time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts