Tennessee 98606
December 2, 2012
(Updated: December 22, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is the first Military Campground that we have ever stayed in. We stopped here for the night on our way to Texas, we had been driving for 11 hours in heavy thunderstorms, and we were exhausted, cold and hungry. We did not have reservations, we stopped in and called the number posted at the entry to the campground. The lady who answered the phone was very friendly and immediately got us into a campsite. As we were backing into our space, a truck pulled in and 2 men got out. They assisted my husband who is 100% DAV, with setting up our camper. The sites were roomy and very easy to maneuver our 30 foot 5th wheel into. It was extremely windy and cold outside. As I entered our camper, I was horrified to discover that one of our slide outs had leaked rain in as we had been traveling and the carpeting was soaked half way through our camper. I immediately relayed this information to my husband and "Joe" who was the guy helping set us up. Joe instructed the younger guy who was helping him, to go get a shop vac, which they brought back to our camper. Both my husband and I have multiple disabilities, and Joe observing this, used the shop vac to soak up all of the water, even moved the sofa to vac under there. He then set up one of the fans we had with us to assist the floor to dry, which it did overnite, thank goodness!! This is an experience that will remain with us forever, the impression we recieved of the help and kindness of the workers at this campground. We will definetly return and am anxious to visit other military campgrounds with this type of hospitality, a great impression on 1st timers. This campground is very clean, bath house is very nice, and even supplies a hair dryer. The commissary is located conveniently right beside the campground. This is definetly one we would recommend.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or