Tennessee 123449
27 - 30 March 2011
(Updated: November 13, 2015)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our first camping experience at one of the FamCamp's and I would have to say we absolutely loved it here (site 18). I called about a week in advance to make reservations and everyone was very nice and friendly. The lake was beautiful and the wildlife was very friendly (ducks). The grounds themselves are very nice with large concrete slabs for the picnic tables. The roads through the park as well as the sites are all gravel. Most sites are level, but some have a bit of a slope entering them. So chose your site wisely if you have a low clearance rig. Sites 17, 18 & 19 are right next to the small beach so it might be busy during the warmer months. The connections for site 19 are on the 'wrong' side. But if you have a large Class A and towing a car, this might work out well for you since you could pull straight in and then disconnect. The small store is seasonal and was not open during our stay. We walked through Bathhouse 2 and it seemed very clean and maintained. Our camper is self container so we did not have to use these facilities. There isn't much to the dump station, but it serves its purpose. A fish cleaning station is provided next to Bathhouse 1. The main dumpster was emptied during our stay but not the site trash cans. We had a very good WIFI connection for the entire stay, using our Comcast USB key. We did not bring a TV with us so I cannot speak to channel reception. The commissary and exchange are closed on Sun/Mon. WalMart is about 12 miles away. Overall this was a great camping experience for Angela and I and we will definitely will plan a return trip. I have posted pictures on my website at www.camperjohn.com.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or