4.5 156
South Dakota 139422
Late Aug - early Sept 15
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great location for exploring the area from Devil's Tower to The Badlands/Wall Drug and everywhere in between. Debated staying here or at a Passport America park in the area for about the same price. Coach rear tires were at the very rear of the concrete slab to fit my truck in front. I noticed some other back-in sites that were longer. I could have moved to a pull thru after a few days, but opted to stay put. Moving just to have a pull thru is too much of a hassle to me. Not really impressed with the layout of the loop I was on (closest to the office). Not a whole lot of shade even with tall trees. It was just plain hot during our stay. Good water pressure and wi-fi. Looks like more pull thrus are being added, or they were just being reserved and never used during our stay. The sidewalk from the pull thru sites to the office is being built, but no work happened while I was there. No fenced dog run. Decent auto hobby shop on base. Base theater has movies Fri and Sat. There is a drive-in theater in Hermosa, about 30 min south. Little "sound of freedom" from B-1s. Patriot Gate (closed wknds) is closest to the Fam Camp and easy to navigate even with a big rig. There was some trash along the fenceline that never got picked up. I picked up some paper while walking my dogs. Office workers were not overly friendly, more matter-of fact. Not good or bad, just the way they were to me. Yes, I would stay here again if in the area, but would call far in advance and ask for a specific site.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or