Review Detail

3.9 60
March 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

If you like remote camping this may be a good place to go. It’s on a small, but nice lake and set well back in the woods: Very picturesque with nice beach. You are at least 8 mi from any stores and with gate times, generally have to go completely around the base to get into Ft Jackson. There is a nice Aldi’s and Food Lion nearby. Site price is cheap, but you get what you pay for. RV sites are good condition concrete pads 40+ feet long with a picnic apron around 30’ long. We needed an extra 30’ section of sewer hose to connect up. Our site was fairly level, having to put the downhill side on one set of blocks to get level. We saw several sites that had a definite slant though. By far the worst part is entry and exit. The entry road ~ 2mi long is not wide enough for Class A’s to pass and the road sides have large broken sections and the shoulder drops 6 – 12” in places. They do not shut the entry gate at night, but I did see the police make a few daytime swings through the CG. To top it off, check-in is down a one-way very narrow dirt/gravel road with close aboard trees and one turn that was really tight to navigate. A large 5th Wheel might not make it. You then continue back to the main road to go to the CG. There was a lending library for DVDs at check-in. From general maintenance conditions it appears that their focus is on renting the many pavilions & cabins on site. No WiFi and Verizon cell was sporadic. Cable connections are still there, but I was told there aren’t funds to pay the bill, so it’s disconnected. They do have both a grill and fire ring at each site. Unfortunately there was a general disregard for the leash law with at least 3 nearby campsites that just let their dogs out. It was 80 deg, calm and blue skies when we tried to rent a boat, but we’re told the dock was too dangerous to use. We asked about canoes (which were sitting on the beach) and we’re told, “I said no boat rentals” by the L-in-C. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 28, 2017
have stayed at this campsite on various occasions and drove thru it two weeks ago. I have not been on a unlevel site where I had touse jacks or blocks to level my motorhome, I have passed other motorhomes coming in and going out without problem. As for gate 5 being closed and no cable think Obama for that. Gate 5 is open in the mornings and you can exit gate 5 late afternoons. It is open on weekends. I have got direct tv on all but one site I stayed on and have always been able to get sprint phone and internet service. If you have a roof mounted system you may have trouble on some sites along tree line.
1 results - showing 1 - 1