4.2 45
South Carolina 96300
April 30 - May 5, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This place has all a Veteran could want...Quiet, secluded, (except for Fri and Sat AM early), close enough to plenty of places to eat (even the Golf course has a very reasonable Breakfast and Lunch menu that is very reasonable that closes around 3 PM), purchase seafood, drive to the beach out on the ocean, and see the sights around a beautiful old southern town like Beaufort, SC. I found relatives in the National Cemetery and I'm from Florida. You can walk or ride your bicycle for exercise or walk to your heart's content. There is a very, very nice golf course on the base to the east of the RV Park. There is history past the golf course which is an old small fort from centuries ago. The only drawback is the lack of shade at the RV Park though it is South Carolina and it gets hot and humid. Small problem for me. I'm from FL and used to it. Hilton Head is only 1 1/2 hrs away..There is very reasonable Propane gas available at the Grayco Paint and Hardware Store in the Island Square Shopping Center at the SW corner of Sea Island Parkway and Lady's Island Drive in Port Royal. All and all, one of my favorite out of the way places to camp out..
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or