Oklahoma 99743
Sep 10-11, 2012
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Have stayed at multiple military campgrounds with great results but would not ever stay at Tinker again. I'm dumbfounded that it has received so many good reviews. First, let me say that Linda checked us in and was very friendly and helpful in getting us into our site. But sites are ridiculously tight and all back-ins. While getting into our site the hood of our truck was literally underneath the front end of the fifth wheel across the street. Then to top it all off, our sewer connection is UPHILL from us. Spent 20 minutes in 95 degree heat trying to elevate my sewer hose so that I could empty my tanks before I finally gave up. Also, there's no wifi and no cable. There are strict parking rules, too. Can't be on the grass and you can't be over the white line. I'm surprised that there isn't a daily site inspection. They have a serious attitude about dogs with multiple signs posted that all dogs must be on leash, stringent rules about where your dog can do his business and 2 posted signs/articles in laundry room lecturing you on picking up dog poop. I've stayed at many RV parks, military and commercial, and have never seen this degree of paranoia. The funny part is that they don't even provide any poop bags anywhere I could see. The bathrooms have not been upgraded and there's no way my feet would touch the floor of those showers. I don't require fancy digs but I do expect things to at least appear clean and in good repair. It would be cheap to at least re-grout the showers. Next time I'm in the area I will be happy to pay more and stay where there are better amenities.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts