Review Detail

3.8 156
June 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

You can read on this on this web site: "Senate lawmakers want to radically overhaul how military housing stipends are awarded and end the practice of troops pocketing extra cash from the payouts. Many active duty militatry personnel are collecting the various housing allowances and are living in US Military RV Parks. For financial reasons, I don't blame them. I met an active duty person who bragged that she was pocketing over $1,000 a month, since the Military RV Park was affordable and included all utilities. However, as an RV'er, I don't agree with anyone living in a "recreational" facility. This may all end soon, as Senate lawmakers want to radically overhaul how military housing stipends are awarded and end the practice of troops pocketing extra cash from the payouts. Instead of the current Basic Allowance for Housing system, which assigns flat-rate stipends for zip codes across the country based on troops’ rank and family status, the new proposal would move closer to the military’s Overseas Housing Allowance. That system sets maximum payable stipends but awards troops only for their actual expenses, making recipients provide proof of what they pay in rent and utilities costs. If it becomes law, the new housing allowance payouts would not go into effect until January 2018, giving military officials at least a year to implement and explain the new system." The homesteaders at Wright Patterson have been in the same spaces years and years. This is in violation of the AFI. Which clearly states campgrounds are not to be used as long term housing. They are for recreational use only. Further the AFI states those employed on and off base, stationed on that base, etc will not use the Famp Camp as long term housing. I suggest others write a letter to the Commander of Wright Patterson AFB expressing your displeasure with the homesteaders in the Wright Patterson Fam Camp. We are going to send a letter to the base commanders. Others need to do the same!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 54 12

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 05, 2017
God forbid for someone saving some money, so let me understand, its money going to the camp ground for improvements. I can understand if folks are wanting to come in and can't get in cause of long termers taking up space. But if there room it's guaranteed money in the system. People need to get a life if your not happy with the way the system is run stay some where else I'm sure KOA would love to take your money. I see a trend on this site there are 2 people who just want to complain and never happy. GET A LIFE.
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts